Today I want to share with you my history with video games, what they mean to me and how Twitch plays a role in all of this. So I hope you’re ready for some nostalgia and story-time. 😊
Video games have always been a part of me, since I was little. I used to watch my parents play them in fact. My dad introduced me to games like Sacred or later on Guild Wars, whereas my mum, despite also playing those games, shared her love for Anno and Sims with me. They both showed me how much fun it can be to just tune out from the real world for a few hours and immerse yourself in a digital one.
Fast forward a few years and your girl is now eight years old and has finally convinced her parents to get her her first handheld gaming console for her birthday. It was a Game Boy Advance and it had this awesome silver and black design on it that looked like flames.(Can you tell I still love this console? xD) I was over the moon when I got it and from then on Super Mario, Rayman and Spyro basically became my life and I loved every second of it!
I got my first computer when I was 11. I remember the day vividly, my dad had put his old PC-set-up in my room, so the boys at my birthday party would have something to play with. Little did he know that it was me who spent basically my entire birthday party glued to the screen xD. It took a little bit of convincing but eventually I got to keep the PC in my room. It was one of those old CRT-monitors that were common back then (and my god those things were huge ^^) and a mouse and a keyboard that looked whole lot different from what most of us, including myself, have nowadays. I just realized I’m making this sound like I’m sooo old when in reality I’m 23; makes me realize how fast the tech world is changing ^^. It was then that I discovered my first ever RPG – Sacred. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spent playing this game over the years, trying it out with different characters, even playing it together with my mum via LAN, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Sacred paved the way for my love for PC-games and while I still enjoy playing games on hand held consoles or other consoles, PC-gaming is my main thing.
Video games have helped me through some difficult times in life, where all I wanted to do was to turn off my brain for a little bit, tune out and focus on a world that wasn’t this one. They have helped me discover beautiful worlds and made me feel successful, strong and powerful when I wasn’t feeling like that in real life. They have helped me step back from problems by blocking them out for a bit, which enabled me to go back to those problems after they have had time to simmer a bit and I was able to look at them from a more objective angle. They have shaped a big part of me into what I am today and I will be forever grateful that to this day this is something my whole family enjoys and we can bond over.
Now, how does Twitch fit into all of this? This joy, emotion and all of the things that video games gave me, and are still giving me, are things I want to share with the world. I want to connect with like-minded people and interact with them, giving both myself and them a place where they can belong and give them an opportunity to smile, laugh or simply to focus on something else for a while. All of these content creators that I watch or read have given me so much and my goal is to be able to do the same.
Being a content creator has always been something that I wanted to do and now I’m finally starting to do so. It’s scary and exciting at the same time and there are still a lot of hurdles that I have to overcome and I’m aware that there will be a lot of hurdles in the future as well. The path I have taken is not gonna be an easy one but I am convinced it is going to be worth it in the end; and as I learn and improve, my content hopefully will too!
Thank you for taking the time to read this little insight into my life and my thoughts. I hope all of you are staying safe and well. ❤
Follow my Blog
If you enjoyed reading this post and want to know when I post next, make sure you click the subscribe button down below, so you’ll never miss a post! 😄
Come and say Hi!
If you like my content and you’d like to know what I am doing when I am not here writing blog posts you can join me either on Twitch – I stream every Mon and Wed @9pm CEST – or on any of my other social media platforms. Just click the icons below and I’ll see you over there! 😄
- Procrastination FrustrationMost of us know it, many of us do it: procrastinating. Including me, so in today’s post I want to talk to you about my experiences with procrastination and why it annoys me so much. But before we dive deeper into my personal story […]
- Next Stop: Nostalgia Valley!Today I want to share with you my history with video games, what they mean to me and how Twitch plays a role in all of this. So I hope you’re ready for some nostalgia and story-time. 😊 Video games have always been a […]
- How to stay Productive during QuarantineHello procrastination my old friend ….. ….. Please leave me alone again! Everybody who already has issues with procrastination or has had them in the past probably knows, how bad procrastination can get even on normal work days, if you let it, but that’s […]
- How Bullet-Journaling could change your LifeHi, and welcome to this soon-to-be series of posts about Bullet-Journaling, which will be consisting of various ideas, stories and tips and tricks on how you can utilize the system for your benefit. Today I want to tell you, how this system not only […]
- Five Things Beginner Bullet Journalists Should KnowThere are some things that I absolutely want you to know, when you first start out with Bullet Journaling, which is why I made this list, because I wanted to share my own experiences with you. 😊 1)Bullet Journaling is going to take some […]