Day 8 marked the first day of the second part of our challenge; getting up at 7am each day. Here is how it went:
So, this is going to be a very Joan focused post because day 8 was practically non-existent for me.
To summarize very quickly, getting up was still fine but around 11am I got a really bad headache and some circulation problems that lasted through the entire day. Therefore, I wasn’t really able to focus on anything until the evening, where I did get some work stuff done, but I pretty much felt like a useless wet rag for the entire day. 😅 Needless to say, my mood also was less than great. So, now that that’s out of the way, let’s see what Joan’s Day 8 looked like.
Getting up and Morning Routine
“It was the first day of the second part of the challenge which meant I had to get up at 7am. I didn’t really get up immediately but rather stayed in bed for like an additional hour to browse on TikTok and look at pics and videos on Instagram. A perfect way to start your morning (note to self: Put your phone somewhere else so you literally have to get up, you idiot). “
“I was a bit fidgety today. I am not sure why exactly but I hope that it will be better tomorrow. Doing my yoga routine and meditation helped to center myself today so much that I am thinking of implementing it in my nighttime routine as well.”
“Apart from my morning stuff I actually surprised myself today by cooking up a really tasty rice casserole (at least I think that’s what you call it 😅) and almost mastering the “Toss a coin to your Witcher” guitar part. I also had a nice little make-up session in the evening, where I tried out some new looks, which turned out way better than I anticipated.”
“No real change in that department.”
” I felt motivated to do a lot of creative tasks today, as I already mentioned with the guitar and make-up. Coincidentally, or not idk, my positive affirmation today was “I am filled with creative energy”. I really internalized that today. I am also contemplating on starting a different kind of “mini challenge” regarding make-up looks because I really wanna check out more looks and maybe even find something new.”
Thank you so much to everyone that took the time to follow us through this adventure so far and for following the blog or liking any of the posts, I really appreciate you! ❤
I have decided to summarize the rest of the challenge for you guys because, as I already noticed last week, the days have gotten very samey and I feel like at this point Joan and I already have established our routines that we are following, so there won’t be that many changes anymore. Also, depending on how long that summary gets, I will either write about our final thoughts in the summary itself still or write one more separate blog post to finish off this mini-series.
I hope you are looking forward to that, and as always please make sure you stay safe and healthy! ❤
Follow My Blog
Hi there, and thank you so much for reading this post! If you liked it. please let me know by leaving a like and if you liked it so much that you never want to miss a future blog post, you can click the button down below 😊
Come and say Hi 👋
You have read this post and want to know how it all started? Down below you’ll find most of the blog posts of this mini-series. Give them a read, if you’re interested 😊
- Prologue – The Path to Self-ImprovementBefore I write anything else, I want to thank every single one of you that has so far liked, subscribed or supported this blog in any way, so thank you so much! It means so much more to me, than you can imagine! ❤️ So, there is no need to mitigate here: 2020 has been […]
- Day 1 – The First Step is Always the Hardest … Or is it?Monday marked the first day for our “path to self-improvement” challenge, but before I go straight into our “findings” as promised, I want to first explain, how we decided to gage things. It was clear to us that we needed some way of judging this whole thing, so we have decided to, besides just writing […]
- Day 2 – Good Habit CentralDay two of our challenge was filled with us picking up a lot more good habits and a lot of, let’s call it, “new year, new me” vibes (even though it’s obviously not the start of a new year, but I’m sure you know what I mean). Getting Up and Morning Routines Joan: “Getting up […]
- Day 3 – A lil bit of bothI know, I know, “wow Luna way to keep the title vague” but honestly, I don’t really know, how else to describe this day xD Nighttime, Getting up and Morning Routine Joan: “Waking up was the hardest so far today. I only really fell asleep at around 2am so that may be the reason why […]
- Day 4 – Rock BottomThis day… was certainly a day… Oh, who am I kidding, this day was an absolute wreck, for both of us ironically, but I did want to include it, so you can see that not every day goes as well as you think it will. Nighttime, Getting Up and Morning Routines Joan: “I gotta be […]